Monday, May 30, 2005

The Best Radio Program Ever

Right now I'm listening to a recording of one of the most unique radio programs that is nationally syndicated, This American Life. NPR does the distribution and if you've got a chance, I recommend tuning in. I have found, after listening for a year or two on a pretty consistent basis (now even more consistent due to the wonders of TiVo for radio, the radioShark) that this is a winner of a show. Probably not something to schedule your life around, but during that hour broadcast you can pretty much count on something you have never thought about popping across the airwaves. If you're a fan of new ideas and interesting things to mull over in your mind, this is a fertile feeding ground. Airing every weekend on a public radio station near you.

2 comments:

  1. Actually, it's Public Radio International, not NPR. And you can listen to any episodes here via streaming audio.

    http://www.thislife.org

    I agree, it's an amazing program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of their best episodes:

    Pray - 1997 - Episode 77

    Fiasco - 1997 - Episode 61

    Not What I Meant - 2005 - Episode 288

    I'm From the Private Sector and I'm Here to Help - 2004 - Episode 266

    OK, there all good. Just go listen. They are a great way to make time fly by.

    ReplyDelete