Sunday, February 03, 2008

Clocks

For those of you who know me pretty well the following will not surprise you: I have been very annoyed by the fact that all of the clocks in our house showed separate times.  This past week, I took it upon myself to synchronize all of them so I don't experience "Star Trek"-like rifts in the space-time continuum when moving from room to room.

It took me about fifteen minutes and the precision of the time-setting varied from clock to clock. Some don't display seconds. Some don't allow the second hand to be set.  Some are very difficult to adjust with any certainty. 

I also discovered odd clustering of time pieces.  The kitchen has four: one on the microwave, one on the oven, one on the wall and one outdoor temperature display.  My bed stand has three: one is the emergency weather radio, one is the alarm clock, and one is an outdoor temperature display.

So how many clocks in our house?  If you ignore the time on the two computers which is set over the internet, then we have eleven.  

What about you?  How many clocks in your house?

1 comment:

  1. Not as many as you. I think there are only eight. Did you count watches? If so you can add 2 to that number. You should do a study and see what the mean, median and range are in clock ownership.

    ReplyDelete