Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hero For The Day: My Wife

This Monday, for the first time, Katie rode her bicycle to work with me.  We had done a practice ride a few Saturdays ago and "it wasn't too bad" so she decided to give it a shot on an actual work day. She probably isn't going to try to ride every work day year round (like I try to do) but is considering riding two or three days a week.  The motivations are the standard reasons for bicycle commuting: saving money on gas and getting good exercise.  In fact, the last one probably pushed her over the line.  When I rode in last Monday I told her I had burned 1000 Calories that day on the bicycle, she responded "If I ride my bicycle to work, I can eat almost anything without gaining weight."

Yes, yes you can.

1 comment:

  1. So, when are you going to move to bicycle city?

    ReplyDelete