Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snow and Driving

Speaking of snow, on the way home this afternoon, driving slowly and carefully on the highway, I saw a bright red car off in the ditch at the right-hand side.  At first I thought it was a fancy sports car and was chuckling to myself at the misery of the hot-rod driver who clearly thought the laws of physics didn't apply to him, even when it snowed.  (Turns out it was a Dodge Stratus and I revised my evil laugh to more sympathetic thoughts.  Only good, honest, non-rich people own a Dodge Stratus.  Clearly.)

Then an idea occurred to me.  What if the highway patrol intentionally placed a few bright colored cars in the ditches as snows begin to fall to remind other drivers of the danger?  A cautionary tale with a sad ending on display for all drivers to see.  All we'd need would be a few brightly colored cars at strategic points to do the trick.  Of course, usually weather like this produces its own non-contrived roadway mishaps and they don't seem to care all drivers straight.  

Maybe its because the cars aren't red.  That must be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment