Friday, February 12, 2010

Office at school

I've moved up in the world of academia. The normal and somewhat demeaning status of cubical dweller in the business world is something of a prized token for students in academia and I have been awarded such a prize. I have a desk! At school! As part of my job for the university (analyzing some data on a research project) I have been given a computer and a desk that I will also be using for my Master's thesis work. My advisor has about a dozen desks just outside the lab where I will be working and one of them is mine, at least for now. Having a place to park my motorcycle gear and retreat to during the day is fantastic and it will make it easier to stay on campus for longer periods of time during the day. And the office has everything: a microwave, coffee maker, chairs, hot chocolate; everything!

The only thing that is perplexing is this sign I found posted on one of the cubical walls near my desk. I don't know what any Myers-Briggs ENFPs would be doing in an engineering lab. I hope its a joke because I can't stand those ENFPs. They totally through me out of my zone. INTJ is where the engineering power is at.





No comments:

Post a Comment