Wednesday, May 05, 2010

On the trail today

A few highlights from my bike ride to and from school today:
  • A squirrel that had managed to abscond an entire doughnut from who knows where. He couldn't seem to decide whether to run and keep the doughnut safe or stop and eat it. He was doing some of both.
  • A dozen or so Wichita Police bike-mounted officers. They were all congregated in a small neighborhood street. I had no idea we had so many bike-mounted officers and I have no idea why they were all hanging out together. I waved as I rode by; they waved back.
  • A sign calling for volunteers to come out and protest Sarah Palin while she was in town for a fundraiser this past weekend. I think the newspaper said there were a few dozen protesters so I don't think that the sign was very effective. This is confirmed by that fact that I only noticed it a few days after the event.
  • A long line of SUVs and trucks picking up students from the Catholic school in our neighborhood. There must have been forty or fifty of them, each picking up a child or two from the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment