Sunday, June 06, 2010

June 5th

June 5th 2009 was the day I was laid off at Cessna. That morning I was told by my supervisor that I was being let go and after that day I never went back to my desk again. It was not a happy day.

June 5th 2010 at 4:30am my first niece was born to my wife's sister in Enid, OK. She had a high-risk pregnancy and was induced so as not to prevent any complications. (I assume that was the logic, anyways.) She checked-in to the hospital on Friday morning but for a variety of reasons did not progress as quickly as was expected. As seems to be the case for every mother I meet, the labor was lengthy and Maylin Brooke wasn't born until nearly twenty-one hours later.
Thankfully, other than the long labor everything went smoothly. The epidural helped that as well.

I hope to be a father some day but for now, I'm an uncle, now three times over. This June 5th was much better than the last.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like more than a year to me. Does it to you?

    ReplyDelete