Tuesday, January 10, 2012

PDX Wonder

Of all the airports I have visited, I enjoy the Portland, Oregon (PDX) airport the most.  I like the skylights,  the central listing of flights right after security, the floor map of the rivers, the MAX terminal, the glass canopy, the sky-walks and the free wireless internet. (I don't care for the carpet which has not changed style for as long as I can remember.  It may not have been changed period, even when the airport was redesigned.)

This, though, this is my absolute favorite part of the entire airport.  It serves no purpose but to whimsically amaze and it works on me every time.


I'll leave it to you to figure out the magic.

(The fixtures are on both sides of the ramp down from security at the start of Concourse C.  With the "new" connector in place once you get through security on either side you can walk over and examine the miracle for yourself.  I highly encourage this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment