Friday, November 30, 2012

Save Icon

I recently was able to upgrade my Mac version of Office to 2011, the latest version.  Today I used it for one of the first times and in opening Excel I saw this:


A floppy disk (or disc?) being used for a save icon.  I was alive and computer-aware enough when the transition to those rigid discs took place and it was decades ago.  When was the last time you held one of those discs?  Its been at least five years for me, maybe even close to ten.  There are students in college now who are very computer literal and have never used one of these.  I'm sure they are aware that it means save and might even know that it is a floppy disk.

 I vote that we find a new image for saving. And I'm not the only one who is talking about this.  Always easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment