Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Wichita State Basketball Fame

You may have heard that the men's basketball team at Wichita State made the NCAA tournament Final Four this year, a feat they have not accomplished for decades.  I off-handedly committed to buying a Wichita State t-shirt, my first, if they made it this far in the tournament and so today I was at the bookstore, hunting through all the black and amber apparel looking for something I liked.

On my way out of the building back to my office I was blessed with a sign, though: Carl Hall, number 22 on the team was leaving the student union the same time I was.  This is the first time I have knowingly laid eyes on a member of the team, largely aided by the fact that I've actually been watching the games and know what a few of the players look like.

Carl didn't seem interested in talking so I left him in peace.  I assume he was headed back to the gym to continue practice; he had Chick-Fil-A in his hands, though so maybe he was on lunch break.

Tomorrow, back to the bookstore to see if they have any new stock in.

Update: A new design came in and it meets all my WSU t-shirt criteria: amber-colored, has the WSU mascot on it, says "Final Four".  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment