Friday, June 17, 2005

Getting Off Work Early

There are a number of things I have enjoyed about my job at Cessna as compared to Micron. The biggest difference so far has been the quality of the two managers I've had here at Cessna. These guys have simply been fantastic bosses showing not only respectable engineering prowess but top-notch people skills. I have deeply appreciated the more personable approach from my leadership here; they make work so much more enjoyable and fulfilling.

Case in point: I got off from work early today. One of the planes our group has been working towards FAA certification finally achieved that goal today. As a small reward, we all got part of the afternoon off. Its small things like this that make my managers so great. The loss to the company is pretty small, just a few hours of work on a Friday afternoon. In my mind, though, this mini-holiday is a wonderful treat and an excellent way to show that management appreciates my work. I feel quite blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment