Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Famous

If you go to the home page of the iTunes Music Store and look at the list of the current top-selling songs you’ll see (at the time of this writing) that a song titled “Apologize” is at the number three spot (I’ve seen it at the number two spot in past weeks). This song is a remix done by Timbaland of a song by OneRepublic. If you check out the OneRepublic website you’ll see that one of the members of the band is one Zach Filkins. Zach and I were on the same floor our freshman year of college and I can say, unequivocally, that he is the best guitar-player I have ever seen in-person. He is classically trained, spent some time in Spain, and was the first guitar player I ever met who did more than strum chords. Since the band hasn’t released and album yet (that changes this November 20th) it is pretty amazing that their song is doing as well as it is. I’m hoping their other songs make greater use of Zach’s talents; I’m encouraged by the fact that one of the band members frequently plays cello.

This is my inch of glory for now. I’m “friends” with a guy that is a in band that is doing pretty well right now. I don’t our relationship is such that I’ll be getting any free concert tickets in the near future but its still fun to see somebody you know who wanders into the public eye. Here’s hoping the band does well and enjoys their fame, however long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment