Saturday, August 15, 2009

Scooter is sold!

Today I finally realized one goal I had for this summer: the sale of my scooter. In late March I replaced my scooter with a more traditional motorcycle but due to a lot of factors wasn't able to sell it until later in the summer, after we got back from Hawai'i. I put it up on Craigslist a while back and have had a fair number of inquiries, a few offering to buy at half the offering price, one or two that came by to looker, but no serious offers. Until today.

I was able to sell it for about what I hoped and I'll be able to get a refund on registration which is only a month or two old. As a bonus, we now have more space in our garage and my wife is very happy to be done with it.

Now that I'm done with it, I'm still can't say that I think it was the best choice for a first bike, especially given the fact that I was able to buy my current bike for less and I suspect it will last longer. The scooter did fill its role in providing cheap transportation for three years, though and in that regard, I can be satisfied. The funny thing is that now that I'm won't have to be commuting to Cessna this school year, I may not end up riding the motorcycle much since I'll be on bicycle much of the time. When that time comes, though, I suspect that I'll have an easier time selling the motorcycle than this scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment