Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fish, Fish Everywhere

An acquaintance of mine recently postulated a theory to me: Taco Bell's recent introduction of the Shrimp Taco (which he declared disgusting; I'll take his word for it) was a move to allow more observant Catholics something to eat from their menu during Lent. I was skeptical but didn't know any better one way or the other so I said nothing.

I noticed yesterday that McDonalds has brought back its fish sandwich.

Today, a BBQ place I drove by was advertising its salmon BBQ.



Maybe he was onto something.

2 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what: I'm no Catholic, but if I was, this would be no temptation for a fish-hater like me. In the words of Jim Gaffigan, "How can you tell when fish goes bad? It smells like fish either way! Oh, this smells like a dumpster; let's eat it! The best compliment you can give fish is to say that it dosn't taste like itself!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be interesting to note any changes after Easter.

    ReplyDelete