Friday, August 06, 2010

Teaching

I found out yesterday around lunch time that I will be teaching my first course at WSU this fall, CS 194 Intro to Digital Design. The appointment comes pretty close to the start of the school year (two weeks away) and so I'm going to be scrambling a bit to try to get prepared. Thankfully the professor who teaches it normally has mercifully volunteered her notes and homework so me to use/copy/modify.

The content of the course is not difficult for me to understand and I'm hoping my students will be able to catch on relatively quickly. The bigger struggle for me will be the less direct issues in teaching: pace, proper amounts and difficulty of homework and tests, classroom management, etc. This will be especially true given that this course will consist largely of freshman in their first semester at college.

For now I'm busy trying to re-learn the specifics of the material that I've forgotten and formulate the early lectures, at least in my head. This should be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment