Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday Bake-Off

Yesterday my wife and I found ourselves in an inadvertent bake-off with/against each other.

My entry was the product of my (three week old) weekly tradition of making a loaf of bread on Sunday afternoon.  I use a bread machine which is, obviously, very convenient and easy to use as well as able to produce excellent results. This week we decided to try an oatmeal bread and of all the alleged oatmeal breads I've had, this is the first I can recall that definitively had a distinct oatmeal taste.  My wife loved it.  A lot.

There was symmetry in our enjoyment of baked goods, though, as I found her entry fantastic: apple crisp/cobbler. We couldn't remember if she had made any baked apple deserts this winter; this is clearly a sign that such a treat was in order.  The apples were delicious and the cobbler top had an excellent chewy and crunchy texture simultaneously.

Best way to end a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment