Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Best Cup of Coffee I've Never Had

During one of the podcasts I regularly listen to an off-topic conversation developed regarding how to make coffee.  The podcasters claimed the following:
  • Most people have never had a good cup of coffee because most coffee is made poorly.
  • Coffee, straight, black, simple coffee tastes great when it is made properly.
  • The formula for good coffee is not very complicated but it can't be mass produced easily/cheaply.
    1. Filtered almost boiling water.
    2. Good beans.
    3. Burr-grinding.
    4. Aeropress coffee maker.
To me coffee has always smelled good and tasted terrible.  I love coffee-flavored anything, really, and am sure that I would enjoy coffee with enough cream and sugar in it.  This all seems like cheating, though, and the prospect of straight-up coffee that needs no doctoring is appealing.  I'm tempted to experiment with the above formula but the cost of the equipment is too high to take a gamble at this point.  So I'm asking around, trying to find somebody who thinks they can make a cup of coffee that is so good nothing needs to be added.  Any coffee perfectionists out there that want to try to convert me?

No comments:

Post a Comment