Friday, May 12, 2006

Day-Off

Today, I have been blessed in two ways:

1-I passed the written and visual test for my motorcycle learners permit! This means that if we decide to get a motorcycle to augment our current one-car plan, I'll be legally able to ride it. Right now, we're actually looking at getting a scooter instead of a full-blown motorcycle. A scooter would be much more accessible to Katie, cheaper to purchase, and it gets that fabulous 60+ mpg. The one were looking at wouldn't be interstate worthy but would be perfect for getting around town and running errands.

2-My new nerdy phone service has started! I have been using VOIP (using the internet to make phone calls) for several years now and my service provider has been Packet8. When I joined Packet8 was a start-up and having unlimited local and domestic long-distance calls for $25/month was a steal. The customer service has never been spectacular and the service was a bit bumpy initially but all-in-all I've been happy with it. Well, I've been enticed away to ViaTalk and just this morning got the service up and running. I signed up during a sale and go a great rate of about $12/month for unlimited local and domestic long-distance. In addition, ViaTalk has lots of cool nerdy features like being able to download recordings of voicemail. We'll see how things turn out but so far I'm liking it. (If any of you out there have high speed internet access at home I highly recommend VOIP instead of traditional phone service. Do your homework in choosing a provider but you it would be hard to not save money.)

Bonus blessing: our couches arrived earlier this week. We now have places for people to sit when they come over!

1 comment:

  1. I would like one of those degrees. Make that two, and supersize them.

    ReplyDelete