Friday, June 30, 2006

Its Alive!

Quick update: after a few hours of work (mainly me assisting the efforts of my newest best friend Steven), the scooter is up and running! Assembly was smooth, we had to resort to jump starting it the first time as the battery hadn't been fully charged yet, and I've taken it for a spin around the block. That short ride convinced me, though, that I need a bit more practice before I strike out on the road in a full-time way; no commuting to work today.

There is a moderate list of things that need to done or re-done to, uhmmm, overcome some of the non-standard assembly we resorted to to get all the pieces together. The most significant is the auxiliary right blinker was mis-wired and I'll have to figure out how it really needs to be connected.

I'll give you the full scoop later (including pictures of me in my Power-Ranger-esque cycling gear). Stay posted for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment