Saturday, June 10, 2006

We have a WHAT!?

I have spent quite a few hours today trying to combine all the paper files that Katie and I have. Katie had already gone through her's, getting rid of things she didn't need and carefully organizing everything into distinct folders. Today I have been doing the same for mine as well as trying to group the two sets of folders together. (First rule of organizing, one I have to remind myself of often: make sure everything has a home.)

As I was doing this I got to my folder with all my car-related documents in it and, knowing Katie would have a similar folder, I went over to her box of folders and started searching. Sure enough, there was a folder named "CAR" right there, just like I expected.

Right behind it was another one labeled "LEARJET."



(Blink.)



Hmmm. Maybe that's where all our money has been going.

5 comments:

  1. are you going to leave me hanging like that?? what was in the file?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Trevor.... I never thought I'd see the day when you made a grammar error. :-( Oh, well! I'll still be your friend!

    By the way.... did I tell you that Damon and I are getting married on October 8? I really can't remember, except that I was meaning to write to you and Katie. And send you your wedding present. Heh heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren (and others),

    Katie used to work at Learjet; the file contained some work-related orientation documents. When Katie read the post she was quite confused by it and after much explaining she decided the joke wasn't that funny. Hopefully the rest of you enjoyed the humor of inference of juxtaposition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay Lynn,

    After I read your comment I went back and read my post and sure enough, there it is. I think I'll keep it in there just so your comment will continue to make sense. This is one of the few posts I didn't proof-read before publishing and look what it got me: the scorn and disdain of one in the professional publication community. My reputation as a blogger is now doomed and I will forever be typing in exile. If only I understood the rules of possessive pronouns better I wouldn't make these kinds of mistakes. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only teasing... no excuses needed. :-)

    ReplyDelete